Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Yarn, or Underpants?

Don't you hate it when you have to decide which to buy? I sewed some holes in two pair of unders today just so that I could put off having to spend money on them. I hate spending money on underwear. It irks me.

And I went yarn shopping on Saturday, so I've got some yarny pics for y'all!



First up, my order from handpaintedyarn.com finally arrived! Yay! On the far left we have a bulky weight called Perla Roja, which is a rust color with purplish grey that I hope will blend well with some of my grey homespun. In the center is two of the four skeins of Circo in a worsted weight that I bought for the girls' hats and mittens. On the right you can see Bobo's mittens all ready for blocking! I finished both pair of mittens this weekend and I started one of the hats. I got two pair of mittens from one skein, so I might have enough left over to make bug a scarf too. Yay! I'm just so glad it got here.



Picture two is a steal I found at the Patternworks! Three skeins of Suri Merino, which I didn't even think they carried. Two-fifty a skein! It's 55% suri alpaca and 45% merino wool and it's like buttah. And there's 110 yds per skein! I got dark pink, light blue, and stone. All so pretty, and I have no idea what I'm going to make just yet.





The last picture is two skeins of Encore DK in the reddest of reds for my MIL's legwarmers. She has a pair in just this color, but she lost one, so I'm making her new ones. I think I'm going to use the pattern in One Skein, but make them longer and probably work some elastic into the tops. The Encore is 75% acrylic and 25% wool, so they wash and wear quite well. And there's a random skein of lavender Cascade 220 to go with the dark purple I picked up a month ago in the clearance bin. I promised Bug's best friend a hat and mittens, and these will match her coat.



I should get all this hat and mittening done by Spring!


But winter isn't done with us just yet, it seems. There's a nor'easter heading our way on Wednesday that should give us a foot to eighteen inches of fresh snow. We've had all of four inches this year, but then they weren't predicting much this year anyway. But I'm already hoping for a snow day. Got my fingers crossed!


I think Emma is going to be my knitter. She likes to wave my needles back and forth and say "I'm sticking! I'm sticking!" Then she'll sit down with a couple of balls of yarn and weave the ends back and forth and claim that "I'm yarning!"


If she ever puts those two things together, I'm opening my own sweatshop.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow! What a haul! I love the way Bobo's mittens knitted up. And you even do hats and mittens for your kids' friends? Dude, you're the coolest mom ever!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Very nice yarny purchases!! Suri for $2.50, awesome buy there! :) Nice looking mittens!! As always! :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Eh, underwear is so last year! Get more yarn.

Nice yarn pictures!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes