Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Still Hab a Cowd.

I still feel like crap on toast today. My cold does not seem to be improving much at all. Yet I persevere, and blog ahead!

Hungryfroggy wants to know of me, “What do you think is the secret ingredient in yarn that makes it more potent than any kind of drug known to man?”

I don’t know exactly what it is, but I suspect it’s also found in Italian leather slingbacks, Girl Scout Cookies, and the teriyaki beef jerky from the Fox Country Smoke House.

Your question reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from So I Married an Axe Murderer; in my opinion, one of the best movies ever made.

Stuart MacKenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
Charlie MacKenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

If you’ve never seen it, rent it. The scenes with Mike Myers playing Stuart MacKenzie are worth the cost right there.

Today I am working on another cotton toddler-sized sweater. I made some mitts yesterday that I’ll show off when they’re washed and blocked. There’s a story there, but I’ll tell it with the mittens lest you get all confused.

Not much else to report. Pretty quiet day, really. Bug’s off to a sleepover at a friend’s house, so yay! for that.

Nope, I’m just sitting here, nursing my cold, and trying not to pee my pants every time I cough.

Eww.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Rent it? I own it! My own old man has crazy crackpot ideas about stuff like Stuart.

Kid! Pants! Now!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!!

:)

ME your SP

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love So I Married an Axe Murderer! It is so funny. Have your hubby to go and get you some Egg drop soup from a good Chinese Resturant. I find that it works wonders on the common cold; it's much better than rugular chicken soup. Hope you get to feeling better.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Hungryfroggy said...

LOL great answer :). I'll be sending you an e-mail shortly -- trying to catch up on all the knitting blogs and knitty boards after a couple of weeks of sick kids!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Y'know, as many times as I've seen most of that movie, I've never seen the end of it. So I don't even know if he married an axe murderer or not.

But I do remember the part about how he hated the Colonel with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face...

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes