Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Then Again, It Could Be My Giant Birdseed Hat

First up on the docket, here's Bobo today. Not swollen, her bruise is healing very quickly, but quite disturbingly to me, she's looking very "grown-up" as of late. I notice her round, pudgy baby face giving way to more angular lines, and check out how long her neck is! She's getting all big and everything.

But I have no plans for another one.

However, friends of mine are expecting in a couple of months! She's coming from China, and will be here soon, and I'm already planning this as her first gift from me. Much more baby knitting will ensue, but this is a start. I'll have more details as the project progresses to be sure!

I also thought you should see at least a bit of what I've made lately. I did another pink bag for my etsy shop. This one is pink and grey (instead of brown). I'm quite fond of it. These are really fun and quick to knit and I think I'm getting a handle on this whole felting thing!

I made this bowl for my SP! She won't get it until she gets her big package, so I can show it to you ahead of time. I'm going to fill it with her favorite candy and tie it with some pretty wrap and perhaps a bow.

I made another felted bowl out of my own handspun. It was a lovely handpainted roving that spun up kind of bulky, and I love how the colors go from light to dark all over the place. I made the little nubbins at the top with some single crochet picots. I'm feeling like I should crochet something one of these days just so that I don't forget how and have to learn all over again.

I may have mentioned how like my late Aunt Elaine Bobo is. She has a mind of her own, much like my aunt did, and there are days I look at her and I swear Aunt E is looking back. I got preggers with her one month after my aunt's funeral, and she's named for her as well.

Well, in a creepy coincidence, I realized the other day that Aunt E was 33 when I was born, and I was 33 when Emma was born. There's a theory of reincarnation that holds that we not only go 'round again and again, but we tend to do it in similar circles of existence, which explains why we can meet someone for the first time and feel like we've known them forever. Of course the fact that Bo's a lot like me because she spends a lot of time with me, and I'm like Aunt E because I spent a lot of time with her makes sense too. But I thought the parallel was interesting.

And speaking of interesting things...

Bradyphrenia, aka knottygnome of Knittyboard fame, wants to know, "Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near?"

Well, just like you, they long to be, close to me.

Or it could be the hat.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OH MY!!! that red baby kimono is tooooo cute!! What book is it in?

biffd

1:11 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

I probably should have said, huh? It's in Vogue Knitting "Baby Knits Two".

Page 45.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh.... and the sorbet sweater on etsy... I could eat it up. (first grandchild is on its way & I've developed a whole new obsession with baby knitting.) what yarn did you use? any particular type you like for babys?

biffd

1:16 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Her face is looking really good! And yes, she probably ate your baby. (That's what I accuse Chunky of when I get those feelings that he's no longer my baby boy).

I love your felting--as always!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Are you my real mom?

I used Knitpicks Shine Sport for the sorbet sweater. I liked it very much. I don't use anything special for babies, just whatever I think fits the garment.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm glad to see that she's healing so quickly. Poor kid.

I find my guys have maturing spurts, kind of like growth spurts. One day you look at them and suddenly they are two years older than last time you really looked. Haircuts seem to hasten this process, especially in boys.

Love the felted stuff. You must be nearing the end of the yarn I sent. Maybe I'll have to dig out some more...

5:36 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oh Wow! Love that Kimono and hat set! Go you!! Bobo looks good! Cute smile!

Love the purse and those bowls! Lucky SP!!

6:01 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

so many knits! love the felted bag.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes