Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Celebrate Good Time, Come ON!

It's Easter! Alleluia!

And it's my Blogaversary! Happy One Year to meeeee!

And my Birthday is on Thursday!

Is it any wonder I love Spring?

So first, Easter. For me and my church, Lent ended on Thursday with little fuss or formality. We celebrated with mass on Holy Thursday which is the celebration of the Last Supper. The high point of that mass is when the priest washes the feet of some of the parishoners. ("As I have done, so you must do.") Music-wise, we could have done a bit better.

Good thing for Good Friday. While Lent is technically over, Good Friday is in my opinion, the Lentiest day of them all. No meat, fasting, and mass is a real downer. Well, it commemorates the death of Jesus without the hopeful, uplifting details about the resurrection. Which of course starts tonight at the Great Vigil and goes on for 8 straight days of Easter and then 50 days until Pentecost. Whew! But musically, we rocked the house last night. Our harmonies were nice and people were really moved.

Tonight's mass starts at 8 and doesn't get over much before 11:30, then we go downstairs to the hall for much feasting and rejoicing. Today, I have made little knit bunnies and chicks for anyone that shows up to sing at the 8:00 mass. If there's more than 8 of us I'll eat my hat. Oh, those wee critters up there? They have Cadbury Eggs shoved up their bums! Mmmm! Bum candy! (Except for Karen's. Hers has a plastic egg with an angel pin in it because she's doing really well on Jenny Craig and I don't want to derail her.)

Before I go, I have the beans for tomorrow on to soak. When I get home tonight I'll give 'em a boil and slam them in the crock pot. They'll cook whilst I sleep and by the time I get home from mass they should be perfect.

I also have to make a cake for dessert. The cake is made, I just need to decorate it to look like a bunny. I'd rather take a sharp stick in my eye than make frosting, but whatever.

We've decided to attend 8:00 mass tomorrow morning. The 10:30 will be crammed with C&E (Christmas and Easter) Catholics and it cuts into dinner preparation time. So despite being up for all hours of the night tonight, I'll be fresh as a daisy for mass in the morning. Did I mention I've come down with a cold? Yeah, my throat was scratchy last night and today I'm runny, post-nasal-drippy, and stuffy, all at the same time. I just have to get through one psalm and one verse of the Litany of Saints solo tonight and then I can just blend gleefully with the other voices. No big.

And if Easter wasn't exciting enough, today is the big Blogaversary! You have submitted your questions and tonight, while my beans are boiling, I'm going to sit here in my jammies and pick a favorite. Then I'm going to put the rest of the questions in a basket and tomorrow my trusty assistant Bug will pick the random winner. Then, day by day, I'll answer your questions one at a time, and I'll email you a little prize just for indulging my silliness.

I think I'll probably post the winners on Monday because tomorrow is going to be a bit of a zoo, and I'd hate for the big announcement to get lost in the holiday shuffle.

And Wednesday is my birthday! Whee! When did I get to be this old?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Um, so old that you can't remember what day of the week your birthday is on? First you say Thursday and then Wednesday!!! Shall we just call it Tuesday or Friday instead? ;-)

How cool are you making those cute little choco-bum critters for your fellow singers!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, is your birthday Wednesday or Thursday? You said both! Mine is Wednesday. :)

Happy Birthday, either way.

10:05 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Happy Blogversary to you Poops, and Happy Birthday too. What a week! Happy, happy, happy xxx

3:34 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Crap, I am getting old.

Wednesday. My birfday is Wednesday.

I have to hire a proofreader...

3:44 PM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

Much to my DH's dismay I call 'em "submarine Catholics" (substitute the religion of your choice), because they only surface on Christmas and Easter.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes