Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Cat is Officially Out of the Bag

So I might as well out with it.

I'm pregnant. 6 weeks along today. I'm probably going to white knuckle it until the first 12 weeks are up, since things are so dicey at this point, but still hoping and praying that all will be fine and things will go along swimmingly.

As for the how of the whole thing? Mr. Poops went ahead and scheduled his vasectomy for January since work is slow then and he will have vacation time available again. We did have the Very Serious Talk about "Are you completely sure you don't want any more kids?" and we both said that while we both feel like part of us would love another baby, there just wasn't a compelling reason to have one, and lots of compelling reasons not to.

So God, sensing our hesitation and seeing a window, made up our minds for us. And in a completely random act of what I will euphemisitically describe as "risky behavior", pregnancy ensued.

What are the odds? I mean, to get pregnant with Bugs and Bobo, I had to work at it like it was my job. I charted my fertile days, did all the stuff I was supposed to do to insure success, and it took a long time. A year with the first one and more than two with the second. So we kind of figured that yeah, it could happen, but really. What are the odds that it actually will?

And this, my friends, is why Poops doesn't gamble.

Despite being entirely unplanned, it is very welcome. I'd go so far as to say I'm ecstatically happy. Very content. A bit nervous that I'll actually stay pregnant, but other than that, fine. I'm a bit nauseous, but not too much. I'd actually be more reassured if I was sicker, but then I wasn't terribly sick with the first two either. Just ooky from time to time.

What concerns me is the cat being out of the bag. I miscarried with my first pregnancy. We had just told everyone we knew, and it happened, and we had to tell everyone to nevermind. It was hard. But then we told everyone with the two subsequent pregnancies and all went well, so I guess it's just stupid superstition to think that telling someone is the way to end a pregnancy.

But it's hard to wait and hold onto such a wonderful secret too. You just want to share the joy, you know?

At any rate, I'm due May 29th. And yesterday was my 9th wedding anniversary!

So, if you have any good thoughts to spare for us, some sticky baby thoughts that she or he takes hold and decides to stay, or any warm and heartfelt prayers to heaven that things go well, I'd sure appreciate them. God will do as he will, we know that. But I figure if enough of us pester him, he'll be sure to understand.

And I get to knit baby stuff for me! My mind is so boggled by that right now I can't even stand it!

13 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats! Oh, a baby poop, how happy. Here's hoping that everything goes okey dokey!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

OH Poops, sending you the best sticky vibes! I had the same thing with my first miscarriage: just told everyone the good news, then it was so hard to tell everyone the bad. Easier just to wait until I knew for sure with subsequent pregnancies.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm wishing you sturdy baby vibes. The phrase "sticky baby" sounds disgusting to me. I imagine infants stuck to walls or something.

Better start knitting blue. No more PFDs in your future. I can feel it.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

Ahhh...blessings and good wishes to you and all the Poopettes!

I'll put a word in upstairs...I'm an excellent pest.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Congratulations! Sticky baby thoughts coming your way. ((hugs))

4:22 PM  
Blogger Pinkwool said...

Congrats, Poops!! Isn't it funny how God works things? :) I will send you tons of sticky vibes and cannot wait to hear more.

Juat a side note, when I got a positive on my preggo test with Tater, I showed it to hubby a and his response was "When?", as in when did we have sex? Lol

Congrats hon!! :) Have a happy and healthy 9 mos.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! YAAAAAY!!! I love you so...

5:00 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

COngratulations! That's fabulous! Yay!

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I will be sending all my love and good wishes and prayers to you!

And I am so looking forward to all this baby knitting blogging.

Your secret pal,
Mandy

8:18 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Congrats Poops!! Thinking good thoughts for you and Baby Poops!
(hugs)!

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you! I wish you all the best. My prayers will be with you.
Have a great weekend.

8:59 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations, what marvellous news! Huge amounts of sticky baby vibes coming at you all, with huge (((hugs))) too.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

OH poops, thats so wonderful!
Many, many prayers for you. :) Lots of congrats too!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes