Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Friday, December 21, 2007

It Sure is Purty Out There

We've had three snow storms in a week. It's a pain in the neck, but it is pretty to look at. This is the view from my front porch.

I actually like it when we get a ton of snow. The house is warmer. We use the snowblower to shoot snow against the foundation and bank it up. It doesn't keep out all the drafts, but it does help a lot.

I have to go out and rake the roofs later. The bathroom roof and the porch roof are full of snow, and if we don't pull it down before Sunday they could collapse. And that would suck. Sunday we're expecting an inch or so of rain. Which is going to freeze by Sunday night and into Monday making things nice and slick. The snow will be good and shiny, though!

Christmas knitting is finally done. I forgot Bug's teachers until the last minute, so I bought some disposable coffee cups with lids, filled them with hot cocoa mix and chocolate candies and knit coffee cozees for each one. I had them done Wednesday night for the party on Thursday, then we went and had a snow day. They went in today, though.

Today I have an appointment with the doctor to measure Dave, which is what we've started calling the Pooper. When we asked Bobo what she wanted to call the baby, she looked right at us and said "Dave. Or Kevin." Now she just says Dave, so that's what we call it. We don't know if it's a boy, even. But Dave it is.

Now, I've known for a long time that parenting magazines are mostly full of bunk, but now I'm realizing that pregnancy magazines are even worse. Bunk, bunk, bunk, I tell ya. Not to mention all the advertisements. I swear they exist just to sell us crap we don't need.

Meh.

I'm off to see the doc. Not quite the Wizard, but whatever.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the view from your front porch. We will most likely not ever get that much snow where I live. We are lucky if it snows once every 10 years.

Hope everything goes well with your Doc. visit.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous snow pic!

When my first was a baby, my mom flat out told me to stop reading the parenting mags! They were just not good for me.

Have a good appointment! Give Dave a pat from me.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Eee...I don't know "Dave" sounds kind of creepy. Like 2001 creepy. "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that..."

Now you know why we had such a hard time coming up with names for Chunky. I have some weird things I associate with LOTS of names ;-)

I'll sick to Pooper Jr.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Krysstyllanthrox said...

I can appreciate how pretty the snow looks...but that is my own personal hell. I despise snow with an unholy passion.

Still loving my mitts!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes