Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, October 29, 2007

It's a Tired Kind of Day in New England

But in a good way. In case you hadn't heard...

THE RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!

I figured they'd blow the next few games so they could win in Boston, thus making for a hometown victory at Fenway and ensuring plenty of revenue for those folks selling commercial time and whatnot. But no, they swept it in four.

I have to admit, while I'm pleased as punch that they won, it's just not quite as much fun as it was last time. It's more fun to win when you're trying to break a curse, or because you're considered by the world to be underdogs and losers. This time, we went in unhampered by a curse and full of ourselves as one of the best teams in baseball. Is Boston becoming the new "Evil Empire"? Time will tell.

But I do know there are lots of tired folks who stayed up late last night to see them win. I confess I was not one of them. I'm a fan, but I admit that until I actually got to see a game at Fenway, I could have cared less about baseball. I'm still not what you'd call a rabid fan, but I do like to see them have a good season. And if you've never been to a game at Fenway, go before they raise the prices again and only Ben Affleck can afford to go. It's a magical experience.

In other news, we had a lovely time Saturday night at Raz and Shake's annual Halloween extravaganza. It could have been more fun if I hadn't felt slightly queasy the whole time and it wasn't raining buckets. We still trick or treated in Canterbury center, and the skies didn't open up until we were heading to the van, but we did manage to get a good soaking nonetheless. This is the third year in a row it's rained on our Halloween. Next year I'm going to dress both girls as the Morton Salt girl complete with Wellies, slicker, and umbrella, thus guaranteeing that it is sunny and 80 degrees that day. Or that it will snow. It could go either way. October in NH is funny.

Bobo opted for a Red Sox cheerleader costume. With orange pompoms. Whatever, she's three.

Bug started out as a princess. She paired her sparkly tulle skirt and black velvet leotard with white tights and brown shoes. Alas, the Dollar Store didn't have any princess accessories like a boa or a tiara, so she picked out a turquoise scarf and fur hat ensemble instead. She waltzed in the house with it and announced that she was a (and I quote) "pop superstar". I told her that if that was the case, she needed to find her toy chihuahua and put it in a purse to carry with her. I wish I'd had the foresight to go to Starbucks and get a cup of something for her to carry as well. Perhaps for Wednesday.

I love that my kid thinks like this.

(Normally, there'd be a pic of the girls in full regalia here, but Blogger doesn't want me to upload it. Screw them. I'll do it later. If I remember. If not, you'll have to wait until Thursday. Either way, keep your knickers on. I'll get to it.)

Mr. Poops got to go see the Patriots trounce Washington last night. His BIL occasionally uses his bosses' season tickets and is nice enough to take DH along with them. I bet it was cold. And boring, since it was a steamrollerish kind of affair. "Hmmm, I wonder if Washington can come back from this 51 point deficit?"

Not that I care. I'm a Packers fan, have been since conception. You cut me, I bleed green and gold.

GO PACK!

(Needless to say, DH doesn't feel the need to bring us anything back from the game. I'd not allow it in the house anyway. *poops shudders at the thought*)

Today is Monday. No choir tonight since they're painting the church this week and they're starting in the choir area. So we're having casserole night instead, since Wednesday is Halloween and we are otherwise occupied with Sister's Halloween party for the Lakeport kids, which I'll detail later on this week. Tonight is also Chief Baboo's congratulations dinner, so it's food of his choice. He picked Ma's macaroni and cheese (which is to die for) and Shake and Baked chicken with the bone in (the very thought of which currently turns my stomach). I'm going to bake him a cake that says "Hail to the Chief" on it. I should do that before I feel pukey. I have to do everything these days before I feel pukey.

Oh, and Chief Baboo gets sworn in on Wednesday as well, but as his coronation is at the same time as Bug's school Halloween parade, we'll have to go to that instead. I wanted to yank Bug out of school so she could go to her Baboo's pinning ceremony, but she doesn't want to miss her parade and party.

Crap.

Ah well, maybe he'll be elected mayor someday...

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Did I tell you about the time I kissed Chris Jacke's brother?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

And P.S. - I thought of you when the Pack won in dramatic fashion last night!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I'm happy, but I wish they'd done the parade on the weekend. It took me over 2 hours to get home from work.

On the bright side, I had an excellent view of the parade from the 44th floor! A co-woerker brought binoculars, and I got to see the Riverdance special! : )

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes