Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Movies in My Mind

I swear, sleeping lately is like spending the night at the cinema. I dream. All night long, I dream. I have a dream, wake up, think about it for a bit, go back to sleep, have a new dream...lather, rinse, repeat.

It's exhausting.

I'm feeling okay. Still sick from time to time, mostly a bit first thing in the morning before I've eaten and then a bit after, but by the time I'm back from the bus stop I'm feeling in the pink. I'm ravenous by lunch, but then by two I'm usually feeling poorly enough to have to lay down on the couch for a bit. I was so sick Tuesday afternoon I couldn't make supper. Mr. Poops stepped up. Thank God he understands.

Funny how I can go from wanting very much to blow chunks to being freakishly hungry for something very odd indeed. Like when I've got heartburn, but my body tells me the only remedy for it is salsa. And it works. Or I'm so sick I can only stomach a couple of saltines, but ten minutes later I feel if I don't get KFC I'll just wither and die. And the greasy fried chicken turns out to be just the ticket.

It's odd.

In some good news, I'm down a pants size, and wearing pants I've not put on in quite some time. I can't weigh myself, being without a scale and all, and I haven't been counting points since my dietary needs are adjusting themselves a bit. Some days I just can't eat that many points, and other days I might be out of points but still have to eat something else to keep from being sick. It's a balancing act, to be sure.

And in more good news, friends of mine had twins last week! One boy and one girl and I'm currently working balls to the wall trying to get their sweaters finished. They're simple cardigans with a basic cable down each side of the front. The girl's sweater is pink with green cuffs, collar and button band, and the boy's is blue with yellow cuffs, collar, and button band. I'm hoping to get the blue one finished today so I can wash 'em up and pick out some buttons.

And take some pics, of course.

These are the ones that were going to be matching pumpkin hats and sweaters, but I couldn't find a washable orange wool that I liked and could afford, so I scrapped the plan and decided to wait and see what they had and start my project accordingly.

Hence the flurry to finish.

So enough chatter for now, I'm off to knit. Got work to do!

3 Comments:

Blogger ChestyLove said...

"Morning Sickness" is a misnomer. For one thing, it comes and stays whenever the *@&$^ it feels like, and it's not just SICKNESS. You go from severe nausea to rabid hunger and back again in the blink of an eye. I don't know about you, but I get these small windows where I think I could actually eat something. So I eat, and about 2 hours later I think, Did I really eat that? EWWWWWWW!

It would make any man want to start a war. Luckily this whole baby bithing thing is left up to the only ones who can handle it...we women.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Belly buddies... I love it! :D

I so sympathize with the all-day-long sickness. I got real good at leaning over and keeping my eyes on the road while I puked on a pile of towels kept between the seats for that purpose. Gross, huh? But the drive to work was just too long to make it, and the stomach-evil would never wait for me to pull over. :P

Your baby sweaters sound adorable -- can't wait for pictures!

haha, Ana just said, "Poops AND Yorkie? Can't you people keep your coochies under control??" Nope! I'm rolling laughing at her. It's because Brent has been teething molars and Will and I are threatening to start trying for our 2nd, and she is aghast. ;)

3:55 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I've never experienced morning sickness, but I've heard it can be an all day affair. I hope you feel better soon!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes