Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

You'll Be Okay, If the Cure Doesn't Kill You

Why vodka can save your life. I'm pretty sure my mother already knows this. As a matter of fact, after a weekend with her granddaughters, I'm pretty sure she was on a Stoli's IV by dinnertime Sunday night.

So, some more exciting news from the home front. Sweet Baboo (you remember Sister's husband Baboo? We heart him. Because he does stuff like this...) has been named the new Police Chief at the LPD! The current chief is retiring, and the good Captain will be taking the reins on Nov. 1. Yay! It wasn't a complete shock to us because he's kind of been on the fast track for chief anyway, but it's still exciting news nonetheless. Chief! How cool is that?

They announced it at the station this morning and it was the lead story in the paper today. I expect it'll get heavy local press coverage. Ah woo.

In knitting news, I got nothing. Nothing on the needles that I feel like working on, nothing finished. I've really been too tired to knit much lately. And I'm not feeling well. Which is great news and I welcome the nausea, but still and all it makes it hard to concentrate. Or function much of the time if you must know.

I'll try not to kvetch too much about the ookiness that accompanies gestation. I'm trying to whine less and be more grateful for that which I've been given. I'll be at 8 weeks tomorrow, and while I know 12 weeks is generally the magic number at which the risk of miscarriage drops dramatically, something tells me that I'm out of the woods. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think so. I think the pooper is here to stay.

Life is sweet. I gotta go take my apple crisp out of the oven.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I think nausea is a good sign, too. Enjoy your apple crisp!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

The Pooper. Dude, that has totally got to be the new blog name for your zygote-come-fetus.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poops!! I haven't been blog-hopping in a few weeks and LOOK what news I come by to find -- I am SO HAPPY for you! Congratulations. :D Many prayers and warm wishes coming your way, babe.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes