Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, November 26, 2007

No Mojo Monday

I've lost my mojo. And not just on Monday...everyday.

I'm tired, people. I'm too tired to knit, too tired to clean, too tired to cook, too tired to blog, too tired to do much of anything but grow this baby. Not exhausted, like I-can't-get-my-head-off-the-pillow, but tired. Not at all inclined to do much. Lazy is perhaps a better word for it. I can't be bothered.

I feel fine, all in all. I'm still a bit sick from time to time, almost always after I eat. Nothing seems to sit well with me. But the random sick is gone, for the most part. I have an appetite again, and it's welcome. The food aversions seem to have receded a bit. I still can't stand a lot of smells, though.

I have my first ultrasound on Wednesday. We've decided, despite my "advanced maternal age" (translation: I'm too old for this shit) to forgo any genetic screenings. They're optional anyway. And since neither Mr. Poops or I believe that we would ever terminate this pregnancy on purpose, there's no point in getting worked up over what might or might not be wrong. We'll put this, like we do most things, in God's hands and take what comes.

He did change my due date to June 3 from the May 29 I got from an online calculator. And I have a book here that dates it differently too. Whatever. End of may, early June. It's all the same to the clam.

I've noticed that even at 13 weeks, my innards are feeling compressed. I get full fast, and breathing from the diaphragm to sing is harder--damn near impossible if I've just eaten. We're going to see how long the whole singing thing is possible and playing it by ear. I'm planning to cantor through Easter up to Pentecost if I can, but I don't see being on the schedule except maybe as a fill-in after that. It helps that choir practice ends for the summer with Pentecost. And my catechism classes will be done by May 13, so no loose ends there. This was good timing on my part, if you ask me.

So, there's not much knitting content to report on. I've been working on a hat for Bobo and a pair of mittens for the Bug for weeks now. I knit a couple of rows and then don't want to do it anymore. I'm waiting for yarn to come in even as we speak. I got some more TLC Cotton Plus to make a sweater custom order for a friend of mine, and some cotton from Knitpicks for washcloths that I'll pair with some handmade goatmilk soap as Christmas gifts.

I haven't been spinning much either. Again, it's the mojo thing. I did it for a bit the other day, but I got tired of it quickly.

This morning I'm going to make an attempt at cleaning the kitchen a bit. It's a mess and I'm tired of looking at it. Must. Make. Cleaning. Push.

Truth be told, if the guy wasn't coming to troubleshoot the pellet stove this afternoon, I doubt I'd bother at all.

Meh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

I think it's no mojo Monday here too.
I had the same philosophy with all those stupid genetic tests when we had El Chunko. They've got a large percentage of false positives anyway. And I saw how freaked my parents where when Youngest Younger Brother was diagnosed with "facial tumors" in utero. Ends up the kid had chubby cheeks.
You'll have to show us that TLC custom sweater when your mojo returns. My mom went gah-gah over a baby sweater in your etsy shop. She was really bummed she didn't know any babies!

11:42 AM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

Heya Belly Buddy,

I had the triple blood test screening done because it was non-invasive and because we wanted to know. Different philosophies and all that.

Glad you're feeling better. I am too. Glad you didn't have to go the drug route like I did. Don't worry about the knitting...the yarn doesn't notice a difference!

12:35 PM  
Blogger DancesInGarden said...

I remember that feeling. The tiredness AND the breathing trouble. I carried high and had a low fluid level, so DD was right there in my diaphragm muscle taking all the room LOL. I would sleep sitting up, turned around and leaning on the back of the couch. It was the only way I could sleep AND breathe!

Sending hugs and a foot rub your way!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Brings it all back for me in vivid technicolor, reading about pregnancy. And I say, better you than me!

I was 39 when I had the little Emperor and didn't do any invasive screening. They did some bloodwork on me, which all looked fine, so we went with that. My feeling was, what would I do with that information, anyway? No point getting a big needle stuck in my abdomen when it won't change my actions.

Hope you'll perk up soon. But if not, remember, as soon as Junior gets out of there, you'll feel SO much better.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Ugh. Pregnancy, I bet the fact that it's winter isn't helping either... hell, I'm tired, and I'm not even pregnant!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes