Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stolen from CBear...

Only 'cause I haven't posted in an age, and this should hold you until I feel that something interesting is going on around here. 'Til then...some fascinating (?) facts about Poops.

How do you like your eggs? Over light. With a toasted English muffin to soak up the runny yolk.
How do you take your coffee/tea? I prefer my coffee to come from the Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru. In the summer it's a medium hazelnut iced coffee with cream and one Splenda, and in the winter it's a medium hot coffee with cream and one sugar. When it comes to tea, I like Earl Grey, hot (like Jean-Luc Picard) with a bit of honey and lemon, and if I can't get my hands on some real southern sweet tea, I make do with Crystal Light iced tea.
Favorite breakfast food: anything sweet. Pop Tarts, donuts, danish, leftover birthday cake...it's all good.
Peanut butter: only on bread. I can't get into dipping veggies or fruit in it or adding it to recipes. Except maybe baked goods. I love PB&J and PB and banana.
What kind of dressing on your salad? It varies. I think my all-time favorite has to be bleu cheese.
Coke or Pepsi? Neither, but I like both Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi equally.
You’re feeling lazy. What do you make? Reservations. No, seriously, folks. Probably cereal, or toast.
You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Sausage and onion, or a fully loaded from Brookside II, if I'm feeling festive.
You feel like cooking. What do you make? If I feel like cooking, the sky's the limit. I'm a decent cook when I try. I will make whatever fits my mood. In the summer, I love to grill, and steak tips are my favorite thing to make, with a homemade potato salad. In the winter, it leans towards casseroles: shepherd's pie, lasagna, something I can put in the oven.
Is there a food you refuse to eat? Broccoli. It's a vile weed. And smoked oysters. My sister and father love the things, but just the smell repulses me.
What was your favorite food as a child? I don't really know. I was a child. I bet it was something we didn't have all the time...like having pancakes for supper. I wouldn't say pancakes were my favorite food, but there was something about eating them at suppertime that made them so much better. And Sister and I would each have a cup of milk to which dad would spoon in a bit of his hot coffee. It made the milk warmer and taste like coffee, without it actually being coffee milk which is made with Autocrat coffee syrup. It was special.
Is there a food that you hated as a child but now love? Fried or steamed clams. I liked them when I was little, and then at one point decided they were nasty, but then as an adult I gave them another shot and changed my mind back. I'd eat a fried clam roll right now.
Is there a food that you loved as a child but now hate? I can't think of one. I still enjoy most of my childhood favorites.
Favorite fruit & vegetable: Pineapple and raspberries are my favorite fruits, and my favorite veggie is probably carrots, corn, and cabbage, though cabbage doesn't like me back.
Favorite junk food: I like them all. There are days I'd eat nothing but junk food. I should be dead by now, though perhaps all the preservatives are keeping me alive...
Favorite between meal snack: It depends on the day. Sometimes I want a bit of sweet, sometimes I want cheese and crackers.
Do you have any weird food habits? I don't think so. Nothing comes to mind. I can't stand eating with anyone who chews with their mouth open, smacks their lips, or hits touches their teeth to their fork. *shudders*
You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? I'm trying not to "fill up" on anything, since compulsive eating is a problem with me. Ask me what I'd fill up on if I was bingeing...
You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? Glad you asked. Fast food. I want to start at McD's with a quarter pounder with cheese and some fries. I'd then hit Burger King and have a Whopper washed down with a chocolate shake. Then I'd finish it off at KFC with a couple of their fried apple turnovers. Maybe I'd hit Dunkies on the way home for a couple of Boston Creme donuts to have as a snack later...and I forgot all about Chinese food. I could eat that until I puke and then eat some more, I swear.
How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? I'm not a fan of Thai food as a rule since I've never had any outside of Thailand, and what I had in Thailand was so spicy I couldn't even feel it after a few bites, much less taste it. As for Indian, I like it a bit spicy. There's a nice Indian buffet right before the Mass. border in Nashua, and it's a nice blend of heat and flavor without taking the skin off the roof of your mouth.
Can I get you a drink? Will someone please show up at the hospital the day I give birth with a cocktail in a to-go cup? Please? I'd love a margarita on the rocks, no salt. But really at that point, any hooch will do.
Red wine or white? Red. The darker and sweeter the better. I love sangria of any kind.
Favorite dessert? Do I really have to choose? I'm a fan of cake. I will always vote for cake. But I've never spit out pie, or cookies, or anything else sweet for that matter.

It's snowing here today, the first of the season. It'll be a wintery mix before all is said and done, but for now it's just snow.

Yay!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

I can still hear Jean-Luc Picard "Tea, Earl Grey, hot"!

10:46 AM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Earl Grey!? BLAH. I'll be happy to send you some proper English tea--world renowned Taylor's Of Harrogate--or even some Typhoo if you'll forsake that bilge water. GAH!

Thanks for updating your blog! I was wondering what was happening in the world of Poops.

And hey, I am TOTALLY with you on wanting a drink after you pop out your Pooplet. I'm planning on having some port to celebrate or maybe a Guiness. Fark the whole "it might transfer to your baby through breastmilk!" mentality. This is the country that not long ago encouraged women to drink Guiness to get breast milk a-flowing. Besides, a slightly buzzed baby would at least let me get a few hours of sleep, hey?

((((YORKIE))))

4:49 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Cake. Oooh, I want some cake. And a nice Earl Grey to go with it. I'll also take Jean-Luc Picard, if available, but he's optional (DH might object...)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes