Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fat Tuesday

Is different from Fat Monday how, exactly?

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. In case anyone is looking for me tomorrow, I will be offline.

It's a day of fasting and abstinence, which means no meat and only one full meal, with the other two meals being distinctly smaller. I am exempt due to pregnancy, but in the spirit of the thing, I'm fasting from the computer. I might still get dizzy and faint, though. Oh, the withdrawals!

The whole family is giving up eating out and take-out during Lent, and I make an extra effort to get to mass on Monday before choir practice.

And tomorrow, while I fast from the 'puter, I'll be working only on charity knitting. I shall put away Bug's new sweater for the day and buckle down and finish three little gowns and buntings for Christopher's Angels. Maybe make some hats or something. Or I might start another something else. I don't know yet. We shall see what the spirit inspires.

I'm inspired to pray extra hard for lots of people lately. Would you think less of me if I prayed for Britney? I feel really bad for her.

I have a headache today that would kill a normal person. Just thought you'd like to know.

And I still have to teach religious ed tonight. I was really hoping beyond all hope that it had been cancelled, but no such luck. At least not so far. I didn't prepare for it, feeling quite certain that it was cancelled. Then I decided that the students don't prepare for it, why should I? So I'm going to wing it. They won't remember any of it anyway.

We had another snow day today due to snow that turned over to sleet and then to rain. I think tomorrow we're supposed to have rain turning over to sleet and then to snow.

Great balls of fire, Melly, is it spring yet?

Speaking of spring, Fr. Albert told Bug on Sunday that on Groundhog Day, Jesus comes out of the tomb and if he sees his shadow it means six more weeks of winter. Fr. Albert is an evil genius and I'm learning at the feet of the master. He assures me he's going to be tending bar in hell. But no worries...it's an open bar.

Excellent!

With my luck, I'll be pregnant in hell. That would figure.

It seems Dave might be a bass. Whenever the basses in choir are practicing their part, he kicks. I think it's due to the rumbliness of the low notes. Whatever it is, he seems to like it. And yeah, we're going with Dave. David Something. I'm pulling for Letterman, but can't quite talk Mr. Poops into it. Though my aunt tossed out Hasslehoff and I laughed for ten minutes.

In reality the two frontrunners are David Joseph or David Erik. We also mentioned using my maiden name as his middle name since my dad didn't have any boys to carry on the name. We're not sold on any of them yet. When the right one hits, we'll know.

I really do think of him as Dave. A baby named Dave is actually pretty funny when I think about it. A grownup name for a tiny baby.

Well, I have to go make some pancakes for supper. A vote was taken and that's what won.

Laissez les bon temps roulez!

7 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

I helped in the nursery class for my church's vacation Bible school one summer, and there was a little boy in the class named Dave. It was the cutest thing EVER to see this little 4-year-old introduce himself as "Dave". :)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Probably all your comments are going to be held until Lent is over! You know, it's not fair that we all have to go without you for Lent!

10:17 PM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

And when he misbehaves, you can always intone, "What are you doing, Dave? I don't think that's a good idea, Dave..."

(make sure you don't blink when you say it)

3:24 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Britney needs all the help she can get. Oye.

I like the idea of a maiden name middle name...Chunky would have been named "Riley" had he emerged without a penis. That's my mom's maiden name...because she hates her 1950's fad name.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

I love your creativity. My husband asked me what I was "giving up for lent". I said, name something that's left. I haven't had ice cream since October, candy (outside of low carb chocolate on occcasion) or A cookie since Christmas, a decent latte since 18 months ago. Maybe I can go with something like ..apples... sigh. Maybe refraining from snarky comments for six weeks will work better, and at the end I'll be standing right next to you at that bar...

9:01 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Oh, I'm TOTALLY going to call Dave "The Hoff!!!"

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I feel bad for britney too.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes