Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Friday, December 21, 2007

All is Well, Dave is Fine

So far so good. Just wanted to check in and let you know that things went fine at the doctor's office. I had my regular checkup, but because of my weight he couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. No big deal, it's happened before. (BTW, I gained less than a pound in five weeks. So there.) So he asked if I had plans for the next hour or so and I said "no" so he told me to go down to the lab and do my glucose test for gestational diabetes. Which I did.

If you've never done this, it involves drinking what tastes a lot like very sweet orange soda then waiting an hour before they take some blood from you. So I drank, I waited, I bled for the nice phlebotomist.

Then I go back up to the OB office and Doc is back with the portable ultrasound and I got a quick peek at Dave. Heart beating away, moving around (sure, he's full of glucose!), and Dr. T said it looks good.

But that's not what I came to tell you about.

As I'm checking in, at the same time there's a woman in there checking in too and she's got four boys with her ranging in age from early teens (9th grade or so?) down to about 4 years old-ish. The two youngest had RATTAILS and the oldest one...get this...was ROCKIN' THE KENTUCKY WATERFALL! God as my witness, the kid had a mullet. They looked like a NASCAR commercial. And I swear the youngest one had his hair frosted. Come to that, the oldest one's hair looked like it might have been dyed. I'm pretty sure Mom couldn't remember her original hair color, come to that.

I'd never seen anything like it, and I swear if there was ever a reason for the camera phone, that's IT.

Three rattaiils and a mullet.

Lord, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I need a small discreet camera for moments like that. It would be hard not to laugh.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Dave's prolly growin' a little baby mullet in there right now.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

The Mullet Family was at your gynecologist's? Wow. If she's preggers, her baby will probably be born with a mullet!

They get Dave high on sugar so they can see him better? Wow, I hope he calms down by the time he's born, or he'll come out hyper and you won't get any sleep for the first couple of years! : )

7:47 PM  
Blogger Norm Deplume said...

I love the word phlebotomist. Although my last go-round with one found me bruised and sore.

And I love mullets. The sho-lo is my very favorite hair disaster, now that the "Brian Bosworth" has fallen out of fashion.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes