Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

What's in the Bag, Poops?

What's in that cute, green shopping bag, Poops? Sure does hold a lot of stuff! Shall we take a peek inside and see what's been flying off the needles at Chateau Poops?

First, we have more shopping bags! Perfect for hauling those groceries around and soooo much more comely than the ugly 99-cent things they import from China and sell at the checkout!For those occasions where you're not picking up a lot of groceries, we have the mini-market bag. Perfect for grabbing a few tomatoes at the farm stand or perhaps a handful of Snicker's bars at the local convenience store. I don't judge. You can save the planet and eat candy too, it's okay by me.
Having mastered the adult-sized Norwegian mittens in many different permutations, I've scaled it back and made a kid-sized version of two of my patterns. I cuffed these bad boys so that they'd stay on better in the snow. These are some truly odd looking fingerless mittens in their unblocked state. Gotta say I'm less than proud of these, but what the heck. I figure someone's bound to think they're totally awesome...Some of you may remember two things: first of all, this underlining and linking to a photo of the photo in question happens to me randomly and I can't seem to get it to stop. Which is what you're seeing now. Don't let it bother you like it does me, mmmmkay? Second, I have designed my own pattern for paper coffee cup sheaths and can cozies. I call them Coffee Cozees and Sudz Soakerz, respectively. Today I'm introducing the third part of the Beverage Trinity: Bottle Buddeez.
Here's a few of those Sudz Soakers I toldja about. They sell really well at the Christmas craft fairs...great stocking stuffers!Finally, some more baby booties...true Poops Originals! They really don't get any more one-of-a-kind than this! First, we have bottle green with red soles and an apple/worm motif.For the hippie-come-lately, we have homespun turquoise with black soles and a lava lamp/"groovy" flower theme.Brown is the new black, so the third pair is chocolate brown with brown soles and has wee flowers on the bottom in shades of pink.Last, but far from least because they are my favorite pair, is the sweet as honey pair in mustard wool with brown soles. One pied de sous has a beehive and the other has a sunflower. I love these. Might keep 'em to hang from the rearview or something.I bet your wondering what I'm going to do with all this stuff. Perhaps you've already clicked on over to my etsy shop to snatch something up before they're all gone. But you're back and now you're all like "What the heck, Poops?"

See, there's this store in Maine that contacted me through etsy asking if I would be interested in selling some of my stuff there on consignment. I'm a whore, so of course I said yes. It's an all-girl enterprise and they feature handmade goodies from all 'round New England. So I boxed up all my booties, Norske mittens, a few hats and all the fingerless mittens I had and sent them off. Now I have a hole in my inventory and the Fall/Winter craft fair season is coming soon. I believe the Canterbury Holiday fair by the Ladies' Benevolent Society is in October, and the St. Joseph Christmas fair is at the beginning of November.

If all goes well and the stuff I sent to Maine sells as well as they think it will, and provided I do as well at the Christmas fairs as I usually do, I should have some nice Christmas cash.

Oh, and money to spend at the Patternworks New Year's Day sale....

3 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Wow, those are all brilliant! I love the shopping bags, so colorful and useful. And the booties. The little embroidery on the soles? Genius.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Rock on chickie! I always think of Batty now when I see your booties though--those Bat booties were the bomb!

9:19 PM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

Dude, those hippie booties with the lava lamp?? RIGHT up my alley. If you make some more, I'll buy em off yer Etsy shop. REALLY ingenious and wonderful, and I'm pea green with envy of your talent!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes