Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Just a Little Off the Top, Please

Big Dave got his first haircut today, courtesy of Mama. He was a bit shaggy in the front, there.

He liked it okay, except for the bits of fine baby hair that stick to everything and make your face tickle. But it's cool, because Mama will blow in your face and get them off, and even though she has nasty coffee breath, it's pretty fun.

Grandpa still thinks it's parted the wrong way, but I have to go with the cowlicks, not agin' 'em. I didn't touch the back because those are his sweet baby curlies and I love to nestle my face in them and kiss them. I'm just not ready to let them all go.

The best part about his hair is that it's a very light strawberry blonde. In the sun there's a lot of it, but it gives it a lovely golden glow that his sisters' didn't have.

I feel bad that the girls never really got "first haircuts". Just bangs trimmed or ends for a long time, and when they did finally get a bunch chopped off, it was by no means their first time in the hairdresser's chair.

So he's slowly--or quickly, depending on how you look at it--growing out of babyhood. He's crawling, standing, drinking regular milk and eating regular food just like a big boy. He'll be walking before much longer and probably weaned completely from his bottle by the end of summer, provided he decides he likes the sippy cup.

He was just a wee baby, wasn't he?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Gah, where's his "pause" button!! Hit it!
Love the haircut. I'm sending Mooch up to you in a few mos. for his first haircut. Babyfine hair? Wiggly boy? Yikes.

12:52 PM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

Awww, little guy haircut!! I stopped snipping Max's hair about two years ago because I kept scalping him by accident. Took him to the village barber whom I nicknamed, with good reason, Sweeney Todd.

Max had those little baby curls in the back too...I rue the day I snipped them off. Let Big Dave hang onto them as long as he can!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awww so sweet!! I cried when I had to cut the sweet baby curlies. I still have them though. Such a cutie pie!!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

He's so freakin cute. I love him!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I can't believe how big he is!! Holey Moley! He's so cute it should be illegal. Especially with that sweet new do.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes