Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Nine Years to the Day


My Buggy Girl made her appearance on the planet. Today, I am feeling old. I can't believe it's been nine years already.

We had a big party for Bug and Dave on Sunday with our family and friends in attendance. It struck me looking at the kids all playing on the lawn and NEW SWINGSET how big they're all getting.

Dave got a bunch of new clothes which he desperately needed. He's one and is wearing size 2T clothes. As it is, one of his new pair of summer pajamas is too tight in the arms! Bug got some nice jewelry crafting kits, lots of books, and some new outfits. And a new slip and slide.

And they all got a NEW SWINGSET.

I made chicken and Italian sausage on the grill as well as the potato salad, and we had a fruit platter, a fruit salad, two kinds of cole slaw, and macaroni and cheese. There was about a cup of potato salad left when all was said and done, and of the two cakes we had, there was 3 small pieces of one left.

Folks were hungry, I guess.

I know by 5:30 I was ready for bed! But then we'd been up early Saturday, Sister and I, building a NEW SWINGSET and all.

My metalworking experience with stair railings served me well, indeed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

Bug is growing up into quite a lovely young lady! (Bobo and Dave are of course adorable as always, too)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Nothing like youth to make you feel old huh?

Happy birthday to your oldest & youngest!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Poops; Love your blog! The photos made me feel like I was actually at the party...and not home clutching my guts for dear life. Can't wait to see you and the clan on Sunday.

10:35 PM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

Wow!! What great pics! I like that swing set, and I REALLY love all that space you have in your back garden. Maybe I could come visit you and camp out back there...

Congrats on a beautiful family. BTW, my nephew, Little Shit, grew about as fast as Dave. He was off the charts in height and weight, but he's all evened out now, has been for some time.

If only his personality wasn't so rotten...but that's nothing to do with genetics!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, she is a big girl already! And no, you're not old, you're just mom. Moms are always the same age, didn't you know? It's just kids who grow up.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

She's so pretty! Happy Birthday to her and Dave! Hi to Bobo too! Hey..excellent job on that NEW SWINGSET ;)

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes