Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Every Now and Again

Every now and again I think it's important to make a blog post that says, Yes, I do STILL knit!

Though, like CBear, I'm kind of into the embroidering thing these days. Probably because summer is coming and while I love to knit with wool, it can get sweaty to work with. And I just don't feel the love when I'm working with cotton. I may turn my summer energies to flour sack dish towels for awhile. Maybe some dishcloths.

Of course if you ever wonder what I've been up to, wander over to the etsy shop. I tend to knit, photograph, and list them without ever showing them off here. So here are a few things I've been whipping out!

First, inspired by my favorite pair of wool socks that Mr. Poops put through the washing machine and dryer, is the Loden Slipper. What DH did by accident (made the Bug a warm pair of slippers!) I did on purpose. It's my regular old all-purpose easy as pie sock pattern that I knit in worsted weight on size 9 needles (with mods being a very short cuff and a very long foot!) and ran through the wash--on purpose this time! I did remember to make them in the biggest size so that they'd fit a grownup when they were done. Then I added the embroidered embellishments. They sold within hours of being listed, but I've got another pair on the needles now in navy blue.

The Midnight slippers are their twin, a bit smaller. Same yarn, it just felted better for some reason. Oh, the yarns are the Valley Yarns Northhampton from Webs. It's your basic wool, nothing fancy. These I embellished with hematite beads in a vine pattern in silver. I think they're quite sharp.

I'm thinking with the navy ones of doing the embellishment on felt and appliqueing it instead of embroidering right on the felted slipper, but I don't know yet. Honestly, the whole felted slipper thing came out of my need to embroider something.

The Baybee Bootayz was what got me started with the embroidery thing. I made Big Dave a pair awhile back in a bigger size, but this is the original pattern for the smaller ones. I knit the booty, then I embroider a felt sole and blanket stitch it in place. These are a few of the booties I've got listed.

That's about all for now. Oh, except I should mention that Big Dave is one year old today. I watched him devour his oatmeal and pears for breakfast this morning and got weepy thinking of how very grateful I am to have him. My blessings are truly without number.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Those slippers and booties are AWESOME! Wow: great work.

And Happy Birthday to Dave! That year went fast (for me, anyway).

11:00 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Love the slippers--and I've been eyeballing the baby booties for a while...

Happy bday Dave!!! 1 yo and already a goatee--impressive!!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

Happy Birthday, Dave A Roo!!

*whispers* And Dave? Not all birthdays involve having your gob stuffed with yellow gook from a jar. Sometimes they involve CAKE. And dancing ladies. And dancing ladies coming OUT of cakes.

Seriously, it gets better. WAAAAY better.

Awesome knitting, Poops! Which is your Etsy shop?? I'd buy off ya!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oh wow! Awesome slippers and booties!! Happy Birthday to Dave!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow! I love your slippers, and I adore the details you add to them! They're all beautiful, but the bat/spider booties? If you ever happened to make some in an adult size, I'd grab them off of you faster 'n you can turn around. Amazing work.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes