Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Taking back Sunday.


Il Brutto Borsa

First of all, before I forget, I decided to make the lovely Zib's Il Cestino bag. This is what it became. I know what you're thinking. That looks nothing like Il Cestino. Nope, it doesn't. I did it her way and didn't like how it came out. Through not fault of the designer, I might add. I liked HER bag, but I didn't like how mine looked all knitted up. Turns out the yarns I used didn't have the stamina to be a bag that stands on its own. The fiber I used was some el cheapo yarn I found at Wally World when I first started knitting and before I learned the difference between good yarn and icky yarn. This is decidedly icky. Plus I think I'd have liked it better knit up in plain stockinette for a more stripy effect like on the handle. This yarn just didn't do the mosaic knitting pattern justice.

But on the bright side, I'm using the mosaic pattern in a pair of mittens that I'm liking very much! Stay tuned for that little update.

So, taking back my Sundays. I decided when Lent started that Sundays had really gotten away from being a day of rest and had turned into a day of errands and odd jobs. So I decided to take back Sunday during Lent. Yes, it's Easter now, and Sundays are still mine.

Call it lazy if you like, but my Sunday is now a day of rest, of prayer, and play. And not necessarily in that order. I don't feel guilty when I take a nap in the afternoon, or do nothing but knit a couple pair of mittens. On Monday I'll sigh and put crayons away for the umpteenth time, and pick up the Polly Pocket shoes out of the carpet.

Or maybe it'll wait until Tuesday. I'm in the middle of a project...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes