Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

What Do You Make of This?

Yesterday, one of the top news stories on my home page was about the Childhood Obesity Epidemic in America.

Later that same day, a commercial came on TV for America's Second Harvest, an organization that is committed to ending hunger in America, especially in children.

I have my own take on what this means.

What do you make of it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaye said...

Hm, my kneejerk reaction is class differences. But I know that's not true. People closer to the poverty line eat worse allegedly because fast food/non healthy food is cheaper. I'd be interested to see childhood obesity rates in various earnings groups...are better off parents feeding their children healthier food?

11:42 AM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

Mixed messages from the media, as usual. No wonder most kids can't identify a leek from a head of cabbage but can hum the McDonald's theme song.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Actually, it makes sense. When you go to the grocery store, look at what's cheap and what's expensive. You can get yucky, nutrient-free bread, loads of processed foods, and a bunch of Hostess Cakes for cheap. Fruit, veggies, and minimally-processed meat are expensive. In America, to be poor means you're mostly able to afford crap food. It's a tragedy, and I'm all for feeding kids more healthy food.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes