Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Didja Miss Me?

Hello? Anyone out there? *crickets*

I know, I've been lax. It just seems sometimes like there's nothing to say, and I'm too lazy to take pictures of things. I think it's this interminable winter. Spring is coming, and soon, I can feel it. But it's just not here yet, and the snow grows tiresome. Hard to believe Easter is next week.


What's first. Okay, stuff I made will go first.


I've done a bit of Knitting for Dave. I made him this little sweater and hat set ostensibly as a Coming Home outfit, but that'll depend on how big he is. I made it big 'cause I plan on birthin' a biggun this time. I'm shooting for a 10-pounder. Emma was 9 lbs 2 oz. I know I can do it.


It's a basic raglan cardigan with a bit of colorwork...the upside down baby is just to give you a better view of the pattern. I don't usually leave babies face down like this, in case you were wondering. I made it from Knitpicks Shine Sport and it is supposed to have a zipper, but Joanns doesn't have one the right size in stock. Bastards. So for now it's an open concept thing.


Mind you, my model is quite a bit fatter than your average baby, but you get the idea.


This hat is an alternate if his newborn head is a bit smaller than I anticipated. Yeah, I bet it's going to charity too.


Speaking of hats, I made this little number for an almost 9-year-old buddy of mine. His dad and I used to play Star Wars back in the day, and now a new generation is discovering the classics. I should send a note with the hat telling his father that he can wear the hat too if he lets me play with his Millenium Falcon action figure toy. Yeah, that's the ticket. (I swear, we were allowed to look at it, but only he could fly it. Now he keeps it up on top of the TV where only he can reach it. The more things change...)
For the uninitiated and for those who can't see my dark, overcast photos, it's a row of R2D2's and around the brim in black it says "May the force be with you" in blue. I found a cute pattern for it online, and I adapted it a bit. I wish I could remember where, though.

I also made a whole pantload of crocheted granny squares to make Dave a blanket. I planned on using some off-white yarn to provide a unifying theme-thingy and to attach them together, but I didn't like it. So I've decided to seam it in all different colors and really go for that "coat of many colors" look. I think it'll be colorful for a baby to stare at. And really, I've barely put a dent in all my odds and ends balls of wool, so maybe I'll make it a bit bigger even. Who can say? At any rate, until I've got it more together, I'll wait on taking the pictures of it.


And finally, not something I made, but a gift that arrived in the mail on Saturday. It was addressed to Dave, but I opened it, as his tiny fetus fingers are so small yet.


It's from dear Bezzie! I don't know how well you can see it on your monitor, but it says "I love ewe" with an I, a heart, and a sheep above it. So cute! Dave's ready to represent!


Gack, I know there's so much more to tell about. Maybe I'll start a list here by the computer and come up with something of dubious interest every day. I'm having trouble thinking because it's Sunday afternoon, I was up early for Mass, and I'm crashing low from having too many donuts this morning. Even Dave's napping.


Hey, that sounds like a plan!


Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That sweater is so cute! BTW, you can buy a zipper that's a little too long and cut it down to size. Take off extra teeth with needlenose pliers. Make a new stop by sewing across the zipper.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

The hat and sweater set are gorgeous. Dave's going to be one well-dressed newborn!

And I LOVE the Star Wars hat. Hilarious.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Krysstyllanthrox said...

Urm...my husband wants one of those hats. Bad. He took one look and said "Cool!" Btw, he NEVER wears hats and swears he would wear the snot out of one.

Wanna talk via etsy for a custom knit (warning, he has a ginormo head) or are you going to release a pattern? *hopes, hopes*

8:11 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh man, I'm glad Chunky didn't see that hat--he would have demanded one! Very cool!

Glad the t-shirt came. ;-)

7:14 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Awwww, cute stuff!!!
(BTW, I just was looking at the sidebar of stuff you knit, and saw the Big Black Mamba. Being snake minded, I was interested, and got a small shock when I clicked over. Yes, I'm at work.)

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes