Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This Kind of Thing is Totally My Bag, Baby

Check it:

For my SIL with the same name as me. Now we have the same bag too. Every time she sees mine she says she wants one, so for her 30th birthday she's getting one. I was amazed at how good it came out, and how much it looks like the original. It needs some de-fuzzing, but other than that it's good to go.

The specs--Pattern: "Baby's Got a Brand New Big Bag" free online; Yarn: Cascade 220 and one skein of Nature Spun Worsted (that'd be the darker green); knit on size 9 needles and felted for two cycles in the washer.

At least felting is safe.

The town is under a boil order from the state since "unsafe levels of the e. coli bacteria" were found in the municipal water supply. It'll be at least a couple more days until we're safe to drink again.

It's mostly an inconvenience. Remembering not to run your toothbrush under the tap, boiling up a gallon of water before using it for my ever-present pitcher of Crystal Light Iced Tea, remembering to keep my mouth and eyes shut tight in the shower, adding bleach to give the clean dishes a final bacteria-free rinse...by last night it was all quite tiresome.

But then at choir practice, as those of us who live in the village area kvetched a bit about our lot in life, Lillian reminded us that Doris' daughter is currently in Africa working with people for whom the daily pursuit of clean water is a life-or-death struggle.

It kind of put boiling a pan of water in perspective.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice bag! Yeah we had the same thing happen in our town. Except they told us two months after the fact. Hmm.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I love your bag! Beautiful colors to brighten up gray and dreary days.

The same thing happened with our water when I was in college, except (being a college student) I didn't open my door until noon to find a sign attached that said not to drink the water because a nearby chemical factory had had a spill. By then, I'd had 2 cups of tea. Yeah, public safety, and all that.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes