Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Some More Darkish Pictures for You

Honestly, you'd think our house was like a tomb, it's so dark in all my pictures. In order to take a halfway decent pic I have to wait for a sunny day and go outside. Needless to say, I get better shots in the summer.

And as summer just isn't going to come this year, so be it. Dark pictures it is.

Here's a new blankie for Dave. I had a ton of wee little balls of wool leftover from various projects, so I crocheted them into granny squares. There are 54 squares, no two alike. I plan it for a carseat blankie.

My original plan was to take some off-white wool and do another "layer" on each square and use the light color to bind them together, but I started doing it and it immediately lost that haphazard quality I liked so much. So I abandoned the project and was left with two skeins of Paton's Merino in off-white. What's a knittah to do? Make Dave a wool fisherman's sweater.
Lilith is posing here with the front and back of it. The pattern is from a Vogue Knitting "On the Go!" book I got for pennies when the LYS closed. The back is on the right and the front is on the left. It will have sleeves, of course, and that deep neckline is for a cross-over shawl collar.

Now I'm all jazzed up about cables. I like 'em!

It occurs to me that I should have some sort of Baby Pool/Contest of some sort when Dave arrives. Perhaps with yarn prizes for whomever guesses his vital stats the closest or something. I'll have to think on that a bit more. Stay tuned.

Oh, and if you're looking for me tomorrow, I won't be here. I'll be away from the 'puter as the final sacrifice of Lent. I can't fast, or shouldn't fast anyway, so instead I have given up the computer for Good Friday. So I gotta tell you all this stuff today! It just can't wait for Saturday!

Actually, I'm going to be pretty busy the next four days as it is. Tonight is Holy Thursday. I'm cantoring tonight. Tomorrow, I have a dr. appt. in the morning and Mass again for Good Friday. I have a solo at that service. Then Saturday is the Easter Vigil. I've chosen not to sing at that one since it's going to be 2.5 hours long or so, even with no baptisms this year. (Usually it runs about 3.5 hours.) And because I'm not singing Saturday night, I said I'd cantor the 8:00 mass on Easter morning.

And then, I'm going to have some ham, a handful of Cadbury eggs, and take a nap!

See, I'm tired just thinking about it.

And here's something else: why are all Easter dresses sleeveless and made from lightweight materials? Even when Easter isn't a freakishly early as it is this year, April is still far from warm up here in NH. Why not long-sleeved dresses made from wool, in pastel colors? Is that too much to ask? My neighbor the seamstress made her granddaughter's dress this year from wool. I told her she should design a line of them for next year, and to sign me up for two of them.

Also, Bug's First Communion is April 27th and her dress is sleeveless. And it's not going to be sleeveless-hot on April 27th. So I'm looking for a little girls' capelet pattern. Sort of like a poncho with buttons up the front like we used to wear in the 70's. Just something to cover her arms on the way to church and if it happens to be chilly in there that day. Keep your eyes peeled, wouldja?

Okay, that's all for today. For this weekend, actually. If I'm able to function on Monday, I'll let you know how everything went.

After my nap, that is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

That blanket is awesome. I mean, totally awesome. Dave is such a lucky baby.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Sleeveless 1st Communion dresses? What the fudge? Maybe we didn't have those in Alaska. Or maybe global warming is finally effecting fashion.
LOVE that sweater!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Amazing blanket, and your squares are all so even... fabulous work! And Dave is a lucky guy to have such a great sweater coming his way.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes