Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Love Isn't Love 'Til You Give It Away

Betcha didn't know the same was true about colds. You will have a cold forever until you give it to someone else. And here I was being all careful not to spread my germs! All I had to do was give it the Hubster and I'd be better in no time.

Here's Mr. Poops on a sick day from work sacked out on the couch with Bobo. To add insult to injury, not only did he get my cold, but he passed a kidney stone this past weekend too. Owee. Still, I'm feeling better, and isn't that what really counts? Yesterday, since I had a car, I picked Bug up from school and we zoomed up to Patternworks to find some yarn for her First Communion capelet. She decided she wanted a cape and not a sweater or anything like that. I still don't have a pattern that I like, but I know what I want it to look like in my head and I might just invent it.

'Cause that's how I roll, my peeps.

It's called "Alpaca Silk" and it's wunnerfully soft, as you can imagine. I have no idea who makes it. It's not stark white like her dress, but I'm not splitting hairs. Do you know how hard it is to find pure white in a natural, luxurious fiber? Hard. Very hard. I did pick up a skein of cashmere about ten times and put it back. It was 30 bucks a skein, and while the yardage was generous, I don't think the 7 year old gets to wear handknit cashmere before me.

This stuff was 10 bucks a skein and I got three of them. It gives me about 450 yards which (in my estimation) should make a capelet to go over her shoulders at least to her elbows. And if I need more, there's a ton of it in that dye lot at the store.

They kind of hid it at the bottom of the Koigu, so perhaps no one else will notice it. Hmmmm.

So now I have 19 days to design and execute a capelet. And make and send the invitations whilst finishing up the thank you notes from Bobo's birthday.

Yeah, after I finish my crossword puzzle...

5 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Looks like the exact yarn I used for my wedding shawl - Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca & Silk. Very soft and very warm.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Aww. That's a sweet picture, even if it has the essence of germs. I hope he's feeling better!
That yarn is going to make a wonderfully soft and really beautiful original poops creation, I'm sure.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Ooh... Alpaca Silk is one of my faves. I have two different colors in my stash for future projects. (It's a Blue Sky Alpacas yarn, btw)

Glad to hear you are feeling better. And Mr. Poops has my sympathies. I've dealt with kidney stones. Ugh.

Nice Rodgers & Hammerstein quote on the title, too. :)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

You've passed soon to be three big headed babies, a kidney stone has got to be similar? At least he doesn't have to feed, toilet train and rear his stones til their at least 18. Hee! But seriously, I hope they feel better.

Oh man, what a lucky girl Bug is! I thought I was cool having my mom sew my 1st Communion dress--I think a alpaca silk capelet might be better!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's such a sweet picture of the two of them. I hope they feel better soon, though...

Alpaca Silk. Temptation, thy name is Alpaca Silk.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes